WHY VOTE FOR ME?
Why I am running for school board?
I believe that we owe it to our children to make sure they have the best possible chance for success with their education, and I feel like some members of our current school board are making poor decisions to that end.
• A proper, robust, well-rounded education should be the focus of the district, I don’t see that as always being the main focus recently in our district, and I would like to help change that.
• as a parent of Birdville students I have been very disappointed in the dismissive and unimportant attitude I have received from some educators and admin in the district in the past year. I want to make sure that we have a board that will remind educators and the admin that their job is to serve our students and the community, rather than their own agendas.
• I believe that our school board has a duty to reflect the opinion and desires of our community. I believe that our current board is missing the mark on that. Rather than listening to The community as a whole I believe they are focused only on a few loud voices that do not have our students education as a priority. And because of that I believe the Board has made some poor decisions for our district. I would like to help that change.
• my current priority is to ensure that all students in the district have access to a normal education, without restrictions and distractions such as the frustrating virtual learning and other ineffective Covid mandates.
• once we are past all of the Covid related issues, I believe that the board should focus on continuing the legacy of excellence the Birdville has always had. Ensuring that our students have the best chance for success, ensuring that our fine arts and sports programs are available to all students who want to participate, and ensuring that any student that has special requirements or circumstances also have their educational needs met.
I grew up in the Birdville school district, Like my parents did, and I love this area and our amazing school district. I graduated from Richland high school and my wife graduated from Haltom high school... Three of our children are currently Birdville students, and I am excited to see them graduate as third-generation Richland high students in a few years.